Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Days Inn

Florida Newbie

Days Inn

Dear All,

I was wondering if someone can help me, has anyone stayed at the Days Inn on the Beachfront in Daytona?, as I am after booking our first two nights in Daytona in November and was wondering if anyone would recommend the Days Inn motels, or could recommend alternative accommodation in Daytona?

Any replies would be much appreciated.

Puma

Florida Chatterbox
    I haven't stayed there but have used Days Inns elsewhere - they are basic hotels but adequate for one night stops in my opinion - but some are better than others - watch the area.
    Are you sure the Days Inn you have booked is actually on the beach? what is the actual address? I am looking at the most recent Traveler discount guide(a green book you pick up free in Florida) and I can't see Days Inns on the actual beach front at Daytona - there are a couple on the mainland side.
    If I were you I would travel there and then book a hotel when you see one you like the look of ( ask to see the room) and the locality. In November you should not have any problem - vacancies everywhere (unless there is some sort of event going on - you'll have to check).
    I'm sorry I can't recommend a definate alternative as I have not stayed over in Daytona.

Maggie

Stayed in Days inn at Daytona, don't know if there are more than one. They are all the same to be honest with you.

DOM
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Gold 5 Star Member
    We stayed at the Days Inn on International Drive for one night about two years ago. To be honest it was awful.[msnmad] Having said that the large hotel chains are usually franchised so the rooms and service at one can be along way removed from another.[msnsmile]
    Sarah

Hi Puma

Would not recommend Days Inn, myself, though they do vary from one to another, but they do tend to be at the lower end of the market.

Try [website link edited] as they list several hotels in Daytona. You can print off vouchers via the internet, and if you are going in November (apart from around Thanksgiving) you should be able to walk into any of the hotels and get a room - at least you will have seen it before you commit yourself. They never mind showing you a room, so we always check first.

You could also go on the Days Inn website to see if there is one on the beach, but I can't see one in the booklet I have got. The booklet I have is Traveler Discount Guide - available all over the place, free.

Ellie

ellie

Florida Expert
    There are alot of hotels/motels along the beach front. I would recommend going there and just pick one you like. Ask to see the room first as this is quite the normal thing to do. You'll then be able to decide whether it's the right place for you. We found one which did not look great from the outside , but the room was large, clean, well equiped and a back door led straight out onto the beach. Don't be afraid to say no if the room isn't what you want.

have a great time and enjoy yourself.

Jeff
    Jeff & Dallas Myers
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/256.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Days Inn in general is nowt special, spent two weeks in one of the better ones, if there is such a thing, in Miami a few years ago and it was nothing to write home about. Would be ok for just a couple of days though I suppose. It does cater for the cheaper end of the market so if it a bargain you are after great but do not expect too much.
    CDV

Cheap & cheerful; get what you pay for![msnwink]
    Dave [msnsmile2]

Florida Newbie
    Thanks guys for all the info, I think we might just risk it and book something the day we arrive, the Days Inn I have looked at in Daytona was actually called Days Inn (Beachfront) and it was located right on the beach. I dont mind something basic as we are only going to be staying there for 2 days maximum but I do want a clean room, so thanks for the tip on asking to see the room, I will bare that in mind.

Thanks Again[:X]

Puma