Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Petrol and Diesel cars.

Florida Chatterbox

Petrol and Diesel cars.

Has any one ever filled up their diesel car with unleaded petrol?This blonde bimbo did at my local Sainsburys last week. It has cost me £180.00 to get the problem sorted. Luckily i did not start the engine and muck that up. Boy do i feel stupid. I actually have no defence why i did it. So let it be a warning, it is a very expensive tank of fuel if you cock up like me.[V][V]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I know a situation where the reverse happened...someone reportedly filled up their petrol car with diesel. Like you, the error was spotted before the driver tried to start the engine. I don't know how much it cost the owner, but will insurance cover this sort of thing since it is really an "accident"?
    Nostromo

i expect that will be me one day, we always use a diesel car, but he says now we should have petrol! i still panic when i fill up with diesel!
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    I think this is quite a common mistake and I'm sure I read somewhere that making this mistake causes more damage to engines one way than the other but can't remember which is the lesser of the two evils, i.e. Petrol in a Diesel or Diesel in a Petrol.

I've always thought that Car manufacturers and Fuel companies could develop a way of making sure the nozzle on the pump would not fit the wrong type of car.

And no I haven't made the mistake myself but know 2 people that have, we have 2 cars (one of each) and so are always very careful !!.

Florida Chatterbox
    My car will not take a diesel pump, I know this because I got very annoyed at the petrol station one day when I was in a rush and couldn't get it in. When I looked properly the hose was BLACK!!!!, good job too my hubby trained as a mechanic and would have killed me!!!
    Anita

Gold 5 Star Member
    Its easily done.[msnoo][msnsmile]
    Sarah