Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gators in the lake

Gators in the lake

My aunty is currently staying in our house on Sunset Lake. In the evenings they have heared noises comming from the lake that she describbed as pigs gruntting. Last night they went to investergate and a local resident stopped them and warned them that the noise was the alligators mating.It appears that 4 gators have been seen in the lake! Now she wont go out in the pool in the evening. I told her that with her looks and loud mouth the poor things would be be more affraid of her the than she of them.She is now not speaking to me!
    Anyone else hear the noises?
    [:P]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Yes, they coo to each other. The female then grabs hold of the male and drags him to the bottom of the lake. There are over one million gators in Florida and very few of them cause any trouble, provided she keeps the pool care door shut, there is no way that the mating gators are going to cause her any problems whatsoever. Nothing much that can be done about the mating calls except ear plugs! Its only once a year!
    Julie

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
    .... Nothing much that can be done about the mating calls except ear plugs! Its only once a year!
    [/quote]

Once a Year eh... Thats Married life for you.[msnwink]
    Graham

oh i did have to laugh! so friendly glad i am not your niece[msnwink]
    should imagine thats something worthwhile! at least you know theyre there! the gators i mean
    Liesa

Gators aren't capable of multi-tasking at this time of year!! They have such a small brain that once they are fixated on mating they even forget to eat, so your Aunty is quite safe, unless you tries to join in with them!![msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
    Carla

We have often stayed in villas overlooking lakes and just love the gators, but once a year!!!!Sad!!![msnwink]

i wanna be a gator when i come back in my next life! sounds good to me![msnwink]
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    i wanna be a gator when i come back in my next life! sounds good to me![msnwink]
    [/quote]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

So it is true! I have a house on Sunset Lakes, and was told there are no longer gators there - I would love to see them, and never have - must remember not to let the kids too near the water next time[msneek]
    Dawn Murray

Florida Expert
    Just think of the money she will save as no need to visit Gatorland as she has them right there. As lomg as you dont throw food at them your aunt should have no problem in the pool area.
    Patti

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/263.aspx