Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: advice needed flight cancellation!!

Florida Expert

advice needed flight cancellation!!

Hi, I received a letter from my tour operator today, telling me that our flight with Thomas cook has been cancelled due to route not being popular!! We were due to fly 5th July next year, they have offered us a flight 2 days later on the Sat, this is no good to us, I would just like to ask where we stand as far as if nothing suitable for us is offered can we cancel and try to book a flight with someone else, our villa is booked and arrangements made for the original date next year. I,E work, schools etc. I want to get this sorted quickly to put mine and my families mind at rest.
    Thanks in advance.
    vicky

Gold 5 Star Member
    hi Vicki

i would suggest you read the paperwork closely under what happens if we have to cancel or amend your holiday

you entered into a contract with them when you paid your deposit they cannot just switch and change without your agreement just like you would not be able to

i'm pretty certain that you do NOT have to take what's on offer, be polite and firm and make it clearly known that it's not suitable for you and you would like your money back

they will try to push you to accept whats on offer but don't ever feel like you don't have a choice in the matter because you do

sometimes you have to use the broken record approach and if you don't get any joy be polite and ask to speak to the next person in charge etc;

good luck and try not to worry

Mizzy[msnsmile]

Florida Expert
    I'd assume Mizzy is correct, they have broken the contract with yourself and the alternative is not acceptable so I personally would expect a full refund.

Odd that they are saying almost 12 months in advance that the flight is not popular enough to run though, more than enough time left for it to still fill up.

My last flight details had some blurb about changing flight times upto 12 hours. If it's 2 days, then you should be able to get a full refund.
    Wilf & Sarah

Florida Expert
    We shall see, I can't get in touch with anyone to ask yet as they don't open until 10[msnmad] I have togo to work soon, I want this sorted out ASAP So I can get on with my holiday arrangements!!
    Thanks for the replies so far. Knew I came to the right place.[msnwink][msnsmile2]
    vicky

Florida Chatterbox
    You will no doubt receive many suggestions but you need to read your booking terms and conditions which will tell you what you are entitled to and there obligations. With any booking, you can cancel up to 56 days before departure with loss of deposit, which I assume you would not want to do, but the terms and conditions should explain there obligations to you regarding deposit refunds and you will have agreed to those at the time of booking. You should also look at your holiday insurance as that eventually be the way you have to claim.

http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-3389.aspx

Florida Expert
    Just spoke to First Choice, they are going to look for alternative flights and give me a call back!! We shall see, I'll keep you all posted.
    vicky

Florida Expert
    Right, here goes, they have offered alternative flights on the same day with Thomson, which works out cheaper, but no seat back tvs, which is a specification I made when booking, so another one has been offered going day before on the 4th July ( whatdoes everyone think, busy day or ok) with JMC with seat back tvs on their new planes costing a few hundred more? Don't know what to do now do I cancel, which I could do no money lost and try the link on here or go for one of those. Decisions, decisions!!
    Please help.
    vicky

Florida Expert
    I would try and push them to give you the 4th July booking for the same price.
    Since it seems very similar to the original booking (seat back TVs etc) I don't see any reason to pay any more for their change of plan.
    Remember you are accomodating *them* for cancelling the original flight and moving to a date different to the one you wanted to travel on.

If you are not too tired you might get to head across to Celebration for the evening fesitivites too

Gold 5 Star Member
    personally Vicki

i would get them to hold the offer and give you maybe 24-48hours for you to get back to them with a decision

this will give you time to check out alternative flights, maybe using the link above

i'm sure your initial panic and shock from reading the letter is over now and you'll be able to think more clearly

i most certainly wouldn't pay more to accept an alternative flight, purely as a gesture of good will they should be transferring you free of charge, after all they are only offerring like for like (i.e seat back tv's) then there is the inconvenience to consider, will you be able to alter your villa booking or will you have to pay for one nights accommodation? etc;

it's not your fault that these changes have to be made so why should you be paying more?

Mizzy