Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WHO IS BEST? DOLLAR / ALAMO ?

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    The 7 seater offer with Dollar is now available on the site. Makes for some very nice prices on a very popular car size [msnsmile]

Florida Newbie
    hiya,

could someonetell me where the offers on car hire are? i've clicked on the link but can't see anything about free upgrades.

thanks

lynsey

Administrator
    You just need to quote for the car type you need.

So if you quote for an Intermediate 4 door, the price given will be the price for the Compact 4 door etc.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lynsey
    hiya,

could someonetell me where the offers on car hire are? i've clicked on the link but can't see anything about free upgrades.

thanks

lynsey
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    A couple of questions:

does this offer extend until bookings for next July?

Also if we want a full size do we ask for an intermediate or a full size?

The price quoted for a full sixe/gold option looks the same (£302.00) as when I checked the prices a few weeks ago.

Thanks

Elaine

Administrator
    The offer is only for bookings collecting up to the end of October this year.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Elaine62
    A couple of questions:

does this offer extend until bookings for next July?

Also if we want a full size do we ask for an intermediate or a full size?

The price quoted for a full sixe/gold option looks the same (£302.00) as when I checked the prices a few weeks ago.

Thanks

Elaine
    [/quote]

Florida Newbie
    HI All

I use dollar, alamo will always hit your credit card when you get home after they take the imprint when you pick your car up, they have done this to me twice for £1200 it took six months to get monies back dollar are great

steve

Administrator
    I think you've been unlucky. I've looked back through our past 500 Alamo orders and had 1 person been charged this sort of amount (in fact, less than half that amount), and it was a result of them not taking their voucher with them.

Out of the last 3000 Dollar orders, we've had a few more, but again all due to not having taken their voucher with them.

All those cases have been resolved and refunded within around 4 weeks.

There have been a few where clients have returned the car late (over 1 hour late) and therefore been charged an extra day, with both companies. Of these, several have had this refunded as a gesture of goodwill.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mavrick
    HI All

I use dollar, alamo will always hit your credit card when you get home after they take the imprint when you pick your car up, they have done this to me twice for £1200 it took six months to get monies back dollar are great

Tks steve
    [/quote]

We have only ever used Dollar and have no complaints at all.
    We hired the 7 seater Chrysler Town & Country last year on our trip to Florida and it was perfect. Very Spacious

I believe that the equivalent model in the UK is called the Voyager or Grand Voyager

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by The Simpsons
    I am looking at hireing a 7 seater, there is little difference in the price from both companys is there any difference in the quality of vehicles.
    WHO IS BEST THE RENT FROM DOLLAR OR ALAMO?
    [/quote]

Roger
    Does that mean that someone like one who didn't read it correct[msncry] and ordered an intermediate car and a compact car will not receive the upgrades.
    [msnembarrased]
    Karen

Administrator
    For a few days last week you had to choose the lower car and we automatically upgraded it to the larger car. As from this week, we simply adjusted the prices of the cars, so you just choose the car you actually do want, and would just be quoted and charged for the lower car category.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MICKEYSDEN
    Roger
    Does that mean that someone like one who didn't read it correct[msncry] and ordered an intermediate car and a compact car will not receive the upgrades.
    [msnembarrased]
    [/quote]