Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Location of &Transport between Yacht Club & parks

Florida Chatterbox

Location of &Transport between Yacht Club & parks

Hi

I have an illuminations cruise scheduled which departs from yacht/beach club at 8pm, as a surprise for my wifes birthday and the kids

On the same day / afternoon I plan that we take in a park before heading off to the yacht club without them knowing whats going on

Just wondering re transport between the parks and yacht / beach club and parking and or the location of the yacht club

was considering parking earlier in the day at the yacht Club as this is where we will arrive back at after the cruise and straight away in the car after the fireworks

I'm guessing that there is some form of transportation available between the yacht club and the parks ??

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    You can easily walk to either MGM or Epcot from the Yacht Club. although they do have a motor boat shuttle service that runs between the yacht, beach club, swan, dolphin and boardwalk, but we found it easier to walk, than wait for the boat to dock at them all.
    CERI

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks

is the walk very far how long ??

My thoughts are to park at yacht club earlier in the day before spending afternoon at either mgm or epcot

and then heading off to yacht club around 7 - 7.30 for our cruise pick up

Not sure if I will be park at yacht club for that long, but as thats where we are returned to it makes sense to park there

alternatively i park at MGM & or Epcot and walk to yacht club, walking back after illuminations to collect our car

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    I personally don't think its that far, compared to the amount of walking you can do in the parks anyway. It may take 15 to 20 mins stroll or 10 mins you walk fast. you can certainly wait for boat if you don't fancy the walk. Its just every time we have gone, we have always beat the boat across anyway.
    CERI

Florida Savvy
    we parked at epcot and also did epcot that day then walked to cruise boat only 10 mins away then back to epcot car park no problems Customer services will give you a map if needed

If you start walking at the end of the boat dock at the yacht club then the path to MGM is exactly 1 mile and the walk to Epcot is a quarter of a mile.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

I think if you have booked an event trip, like the cruise, then you would be allowed to park at the hotel for longer, however this might blow your cover if you have to explain it when you arrive. Phone Disney to see how they would deal with this, alternatively you could park at the hotel "for a change or for lunch" and just when you were about to get to the park remember that you had "forgotten something" in the car - let the family go ahead with a pre-arranged rendezvous/use walkie-talkies to meet up and then go back and speak to security.
    Euan

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Hi Colin

Our home resort is at Beach Club Villas and the walk to Epcot from there takes
    only a short time between the two. Even allowing for the time taken
    at the ticket entrance/exit maybe 10 minutes stroll[msnwink]
    mike