Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: The Melting Pot

Florida Junior

The Melting Pot

Hi All,

Last night (during the deluge and WOW was it a deluge) we decided to visit The Melting Pot. I've been before but had forgotten just how good it is!!

It's a Fondue restaurant. on Sand Lake Road about half mile past the i4 on the right. (near moonfish)

The servers are very helpfull and will explain everything. We started with our Cheese fondue with breads and veg for dipping Mmmmm so nice, then a lovely salad. Then the Entree' There are several to choose from, ours included Duck, Pork, Chicken, Teriaki Beef, Potstickers & Shrimp. You ccok these in the Oil, again several choices and you can choose to batter your items and there's a good selection of dips too!

After the 3rd course we were stuffed and had already spent 2 hours at the table! (don't expect to pop in for a quick bite). So we will be returning for our Chocolate Fondue desert course next week!!.

It's not what I would call cheap. the entree' which includes the salad is $60 for two, cheese course $16 for two and desert i think is about the same, but we didn't get to see this menu. Expect to pay about $110 for two plus tips!

It makes a wonderful night out for a celebration for 2 or 4 or just a romantic endulgement!

If you've never been, try it. But you should book as they get VERY busy.
    Mark

Thank you Mark I have never visited The Melting Pot,will bear it in mind for a special occasion
    Barbara

Florida Expert
    We did this at the weekend too! Totally bloated after the meal!!! You can do one or two different courses but we went for the most expensive 3 course meal - loved the lobster etc. There were 8 of us and we had great fun! Will definitely go back but not sure which fondue from the 3 courses to cut out - they were all delicious!

We visited The Melting Pot in Naples last week, I didn't know there was one in Orlando. We had a great value meal, as 4 girlies who don't have huge appetites, we had a cheese for 4 a meat for 2 and that left room for a chocolate fondue

Shirley

Hi Mark,
    Sounds great, must put that on the list of 'new' places for the future.
    Jeanette