Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Budget - adding drivers / inital tank of fuel

Florida Junior

Budget - adding drivers / inital tank of fuel

Probably one for Roger....

I collected our car today from Budget at MCO. Since I have friends arriving on a later flight I asked about adding one of them later during the course of our trip. The agent replied that so long as the other driver is over 25 with a full license they can drive it. I asked how I get his name added to the agreement and the agent said there was no need. I again asked if he was sure the other driver did not need to present his license to be allowed to drive and was again told 'no he doesn't - he can just drive it'.

This seems odd to me. When we've done this before with Dollar, the other driver had to show his docs and we got the agreement amended. I'm a bit concerned that we currently may not have insurance cover for the other driver - anyone else had this?

Also, I went for the Gold option for a compact - the agent straight away tried selling me a tank of fuel. I said this is included as I have a fully inclusive package and he 'no it's not'. I showed him the voucher and he claimed it contradicted itself. I insisted it didn't and that it clearly showed a line stating the fuel was already pre-paid. He conceded by saying 'it's OK, I'll add it' but seemed begrudging.

To top it all - no free upgrade to the Intermediate - 'sorry - none available'.Hhmmmmmm.......

On a positive note - it's a very nice car with only a few miles on the clock.

Interested in comments / other's experience on this....
    Colin
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/675.aspx

Super Moderator
    Recently we did not have to show the documents for all our drivers and on querying it were pointed to a paragraph in the small print.