Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: storms in april?

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Frosty
    True i agree.

But when you get used to 85-90 a drop to 70 is indeed a cold front.
    A 15 degree drop is a big change.

Oh and incidently the forecast has been updated to mid 60's for Tue/Wed........time to break out the fleece again.[/quote]Unfortunately the OP and anyone else in the UK won't have got used to temperatures of 85 - 90.

Temperatures of mid 60s &gt; low 70s are more like a UK summer so will feel exceptionally warm to someone arriving who's just come through a UK winter. [msnwink]
    blott

Florida Newbie
    yeah ive seen that drop, i do want it hotter than that!! ill be happy with late 70's, luckly things look like they are warming up for the week we go!! [8D]

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Frosty
    True i agree.

But when you get used to 85-90 a drop to 70 is indeed a cold front.
    A 15 degree drop is a big change.

Oh and incidently the forecast has been updated to mid 60's for Tue/Wed........time to break out the fleece again.[/quote]Unfortunately the OP and anyone else in the UK won't have got used to temperatures of 85 - 90.

Temperatures of mid 60s &gt; low 70s are more like a UK summer so will feel exceptionally warm to someone arriving who's just come through a UK winter. [msnwink][/quote]Firstly the weather forcasters call it a "cold front" due to the fact that it is colder than the existing air it is replacing.

Secondly this forum is not just solely for the UK, so it may be of interest to anyone, including people stateside.

Lastly i was trying to point out to Cat1 that the weather is changeable right now, storms one minute, 85 degrees next then a "cold front" coming through.

Sorry for trying to be helpfull!
    Neil & Kay

Gold 5 Star Member
    Its very helpful to me Fosty..where a temp of 40 degree is swimwear weather...LOL

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Firstly the weather forcasters call it a "cold front" due to the fact that it is colder than the existing air it is replacing.[/quote]

Indeen a 'warm front' in the Artic can bring warmer air but that air is still way below zero!!

Actually at this time of the year when the cold fronts come through in Florida there is a marked change from warm humid to 'fresher' cooler air - which is of course still warm by UK standards but most people will want a sweater in the evenings.

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
    Its very helpful to me Fosty..where a temp of 40 degree is swimwear weather...LOL
    [/quote]

Don't tease me[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]
    Neil & Kay

Florida Newbie
    everyones comments are helpful to me, i see Frosty that the temp is about 62 today and its windy, you got your fleece on yet?? [msnwink] lol.
    I see its warming up after today expected to be mid 80's when we arrive which is fantastic.
    There has been a few T Storms predicted in the last week, just ti compare how many you actually had, what time? and lastly how long for? lol, dont ask for much do I?

Gold 5 Star Member
    I live in Florida full time. Most storms of of short duration, less than an hour, and some only a few minutes. They are frequently in the afternoons/early evening than in the morning.
    Julie

Thunderstorms were forecast for yesterday, as you said. We spent the day at SeaWorld and although there were three short heavy showers, we witnessed no thunder or lightning. Amazingly we were indoors for all three showers too.
    Dave.